ASUS A7V Promise Ultra 100

I recently bought myself an ASUS A7V motherboard with a couple of IBM deskstar UDMA 100 HD's. I have been battling now for quite some time to get potato installed on this system. I have been running redhat for quite some time and about 5 months ago decided to move over to Debian (at work and at home), so I am some what familiar with getting Linux up and running. After finding out about having to add a line into lilo.conf to turn off the CPU serial number disabler and other small things, I am still having a hard time finding information out about the ASUS A7V Promise Ultra 100 controllers. I found some info from suse's web site and a web site down under, about turning the on board promise controller into a RAID ... however these pages don't help me out for simply installing a Linux distribution, namely Debian. There are other pages I have found for the Promise controller PCI cards which are different from the controllers on the ASUS A7V motherboard.

If anyone has some experience with getting Debian installed on a system with the ASUS A7V motherboard or knows of some helpful hints or links that would get me up and running I would be greatful for you thoughts and insights.

Thanks in advance for any help ...
-Rob

Sign up for Free-for-Life E-mail at http://www.Africana.com