Re: sharing internet between WINDOZE and LINUX

Hi,

I also used Linux as gateway/firewall/masq server to DSL and
now use Linux with Cable.  I recommend this approach over using
Windows on technical bases.  But Cameron may have some other
political issues with this approach in his family.

I know if you buy home LAN kit with 100baseT switching hub/NIC cards
combination such as Liksys for little over $100, it came with Windows
masq utility which I dumped to garbage.  Linksys are Linux compatible.
You may think this path.

Make sure to buy switch not simple hub.
Just do not buy windows masq software, it is waiste.

Osamu

--
+  Osamu Aoki <debian@aokiconsulting.com>, GnuPG-key: 1024D/D5DE453D  +
+   Fingerprint: 814E BD64 3288 40E7 E88E  3D92 C3F8 EA94 D5DE 453D   +