Re: remote x via ssh question

sorry about that, i should have been more specific.

i have my sshd_config file set up on both machines to allow X11Forwarding.
i am trying to connect from my desktop (thneed) to my server (truffula.net).

forrest@thneed:~$ ssh -X truffula.net
forrest@truffula.net's password:
Last login: Mon Jan  1 14:41:42 2001 from 192.168.1.10
[forrest@truffula forrest]$ bluefish
channel 0: istate 4 != open
channel 0: ostate 64 != open
Gdk-ERROR **: X connection to truffula.net:10.0 broken (explicit kill or server
shutdown).

i can do it just fine if i export the DISPLAY to my ip, however i've talked to
several
people who have told me there is no need fo this if ssh is configured to
forward x.

On Mon, 1 Jan 2001 13:50:57 -0800, kmself@ix.netcom.com said:

>  --OwLcNYc0lM97+oe1
>
>  Please set your linewrap to 72 chars.