Re: /etc/ppp/ip-up.d/0dns-up for ipppd ?

On 1 Jan 2001, Felix Natter <f.natter@ndh.net> wrote:

> I was pleased to see that there is a file in /etc/ppp/ip-up.d that
> does the dynamic nameserver-assignment (option usepeerdns) for pppd
> (probably created by pppconfig).
>
> Now I would like to know if there is anything similar for ipppd
> (option ms-get-dns) ?

I don't know, though my ISP insists that I use it also. All I did was
boot into Windows and trap the DNS lookups to a log file via my
firewall. Of course, I'm in trouble if they ever decide to change the
IPs of their DNS (so if you find a better solution I would be
interested to know it), but it does work for the time being.