Re: Problem with boot

On Thu, Dec 28, 2000 at 03:37:52PM -0500, Brian Schramm wrote:
> What I am talking about is I built the kernel using make-kpkg kernel_image
> and that creates a deb file for me to install.  The problem is that the
> lilo utility at the command prompt does not install right and the mkboot
> command from the command prompt does not make a bootable system for me but
> the programs that are used when you install the deb file that the above
> command makes works with no trouble.  I would just like to know the
> commands that it uses so I can use it to do the changes when I make them
> instead of using the lilo or mkboot commands.  I also wanted to point this
> problem out so we can get it fixed in the next reliese.

	I's assuming you changed your /etc/lilo.conf file to reflect the
	kernel change and then ran /sbin/lilo.  If so what is the error
	message you get when running /sbin/lilo?  What commands are you
	talking about when you say "install the deb file?"  I use -
	dpkg -i file.deb
	kent

--
  "In order to make an apple pie from scratch,
      you must first create the universe."