Re: Changing screen size along with screen resolution?

On Tue, Dec 26, 2000 at 05:42:36PM -0800, Nate Amsden wrote:
> Lance Simmons wrote:
> >
> > Is
> > there a way to change resolution _and_ screen size at the same time?
> >
> does the game support fullscreen?

Yes, it does. It's Heroes of Might and Magic 3, ported by Loki. I used
it on Red Hat in fullscreen, with no problems. Then last May I switched
to Debian and never got around to installing Heroes 3 again. Now I've
installed it, and when I give the appropriate command for fullscreen, I
get a 800x600 window taking up a quarter of my 1600x1200 desktop.

Isn't there a way I can _start_ X at 800x600 without having to modify
my XF86Config file? I'm willing to start a separate X session on
another virtual terminal. Reading the man pages for xinit and startx
hasn't enlightened me.

Lance Simmons