Re: can't install Netscape (solved)

On Tue, Dec 26, 2000 at 10:52:58AM -0800, Robin Rowe wrote:
> Thanks, that works!
>
> I had already pulled down the gz for netscape and so took the manual install
> route. (I didn't know how to point apt-get at the local copy.) Manual
> install went smoothly, but netscape wouldn't load. Creating an alias of the
> old lib name using ln faked 4.75 into accepting a newer version of
> libstdc++. That's ok, right?

	If you mean by "Creating an alias" you made a link by the name
	of the library netscape was looking for to the older lib, yes I
	have done that before with netscape successfully.  I have never
	thought of making an "alias libstdc++.old=libstdc++.new" guess
	if it works....

	You should really learn how to use apt-get.  Take a look at the
	man pages.  It's not difficult.  It will make your life much easier:)
	kent

--
  "In order to make an apple pie from scratch,
      you must first create the universe."