Re: exim

On Tue, Dec 12, 2000 at 07:52:22PM -0500, A R wrote:
> Carel Fellinger wrote:
>
> Here I am attaching an attempt without success to fetch mail
>
> tony@debian:~$ fetchmail -v -v -k
> fetchmail: 5.3.3 querying postoffice.worldnet.att.net (protocol POP3) at Tue, 12 Dec 2000 19:40:42 -0500 (EST)
> reading message 1 of 27 (3984 octets)
> fetchmail: analyzing Received line:
> fetchmail: line rejected, mtiwgwc27.worldnet.att.net is not an alias of the mailserver

Aha bingo, found the culprit, and it's me again:)  Fetchmail as e precursion
checks that the sending host is how he claims to be, or something similar,
and mtiwgwc27.worldnet.att.net is not the same as the mailserver he is
talking to (postoffice.worldnet.att.net) so he rejects the email.  There are
plenty solutions, the simplest being to tell fetchmail to accept mail from
the whole of the worldnet.att.net domain (done with the aka option).
So, though I told you to use in your fetcmailrc:

  poll worldnet.att.net, the-sphere.org with proto POP3

you're better off using:

  poll postoffice.worldnet.att.net aka worldnet.att.net, the-sphere.org
  with proto POP3

> fetchmail: no local matches, forwarding to tony

I think this is the next error w'll have to fix.
But let's first see what happens with the above fix.

--
groetjes, carel