Re: exim

On Mon, Dec 11, 2000 at 07:30:56PM -0500, A R wrote:
> I am inserting the needed info next to your statement, please indicate how the
> exim conf file will look
> THANKYOU
>
> > There are several sides to mail delivery on a linux system:
> >
> > 1) mail transport (send mail from one computer to another)
> >    a)  use exim for remote mail delivery using your isp's SMTP server
> >        to do the real delivery for you
> >        [here you need to know:
> >             the name of your ips's SMTP server
>
> smtp.worldnet.att.net

Please try eximconfig once again and anwser like

   2
   name-of-your-local-computer-but-I'm-not-really-sure
   name-of-your-local-computer
   none
   none
   smtp.worldnet.att.net
   your-standard-user-name-to-receive-exim-error-messages

> >             the email address you want on your outgoing mail
>
> Do you mean my email address? If so, then
> tony@the-sphere.org

yes

> >        ]
> >    b)  use fetchmail to retrieve your mail from your ips's POP server
> >        [here you need to know:
> >             the name of your ips's POP server
> >

> postoffice.worldnet.att.net
>
> >             your user name and passwd for your (pop) account at your isp
>
> user: arodriguez
> password: not-this-one

using the above to fill in fetchmailconf will give you something like:

# Configuration created Tue Dec 12 02:04:42 2000 by fetchmailconf
set postmaster "tony"
set bouncemail
set properties ""
poll worldnet.att.net, the-sphere.org with proto POP3
     user arodriguez there with password not-this-one is tony here
     options keep fetchall

--
groetjes, carel