Re: helix gnome vs. woody gnome

+ debuser@platinum.globalmart.com <debuser@platinum.globalmart.com>:

> packages? Are they as stable? Is there any strange behavior? Do they
> contain as many programs as are available in the Helix packages? What are
> the pros and cons of each?

I switched over to a clean woody only system some days ago. I have to
do some configuration but it works.

I have to say, besides the (nicer) splash screens of helixcode the
difference between HelixCode's and Debian packages are minimal. I
switched back, because I had some trouble with dependencies due to my
awfull mix of package sources.

I now prefer the use of a clean woody system.

Kai.
--
::: mailto:kai.weber@gmx.net . http://www.tu-ilmenau.de/~bond/
::: for my pgp-key mailto:pgp-key@web.de (automated reply)