helix gnome vs. woody gnome

About a month ago when installing a new system, I tried installing the
Gnome that comes with Woody (I've been using Helix Gnome on other
systems). I saw some strange behavior, but perhaps it was because I didn't
have a lot of suggested packages installed at the time. And, although a
trivial thing, the login pics were much better looking in the Helix
packages. Anyway, I thought maybe I should go back to the Debian packages
as I assume they conform more to Debian standards. My question is to those
that have used both, will I be missing anything if I go back to the Debian
packages? Are they as stable? Is there any strange behavior? Do they
contain as many programs as are available in the Helix packages? What are
the pros and cons of each?

Thanks,

Gerry