v4.0.1 xserver-xfree86 setup

I am running Woody, have done for quite a while, and just updated to the newer xfree86 server, when installing the new 4.0.1 xserver through dselect it had me go through a simple configuration to set up X. It either didn't write the file where I can find it, or I somehow have deleted it. How do I force the same configuration dialog again? And where should the XF86Config file have been placed after this configuration dialog? ...I still have 3.3.6 X config files around, so the older XF86Config is there.

Thanks for your time,

-Craig