Re: FWD: use deb for programming

On 08-Dec-2000 Bek Oberin wrote:
> Arlen Carlson wrote:
>> completed.  Personally I've cron'ed my system to go online by itself every
>> night and do its updates for a brief period of time overnight (or even
>> apt-get
>> new items if I so desire at that time as well).
>
> How do you set it to do stuff you decided you wanted that was
> new?  I'd be interested to see that.
>

> bekj
>
> --
As for installing new items (i.e. above and beyond the normal apt-get update,
apt-get upgrade, apt-get dist-upgrade), I would have to know that a particular
new (or old but uninstalled) package exists that I desire to download and
install.  Then I would simply add a "apt-get install newpackagename to my
cron-based script.

Arlen Carlson <adcarlson@iname.com>

Your reasoning powers are good, and you are a fairly good planner.

This message was sent by XFmail (Linux)

                        -o)
                        /\\
                       _\_v