Re: FWD: use deb for programming

At Thu, 30 Nov 2000 10:41:47 -0800 , Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> wrote:

>----- Forwarded message from root <markrainess@yahoo.com> -----

>I am thinking of switching to debian. I understand that deb packages are
>better than rpm if you are doing programming

I can't comment on this. All I can say is that I moved from RH to
Debian because I could not /stand/ working with the RPM any longer. I
happened to need a smallish distro for an old laptop and settled on
Deb 1.3.1 which was an absolute dream to install, mainly thanks to
dselect (which, yes, has its faults). When I then had all the
problems I did with RPM, and nobody seemed to know why or how to fix
them, it was not a difficult decision to make to change distro.

Get your own FREE E-mail address at http://www.linuxfreemail.com
Linux FREE Mail is 100% FREE, 100% Linux, and 100% yours!