Kernel config questions: SCSI, Tux and letters

Hello list,

I have a SCSI card Symbios Logic 53c400. Searching list archives I read that the kernel option for my card was the NCR 5380.

But if I look the kernel options in SCSI low-level drivers I find the following options:

NCR53c7,8xx SCSI support
NCR53C8XX SCSI support

and a final

SYM53C8XX SCSI support

What one should I choose?

The symbios 53c416 no, isn't it?

And another pair of questions.

When loading the default Debian kernel, Tux appears with a beer. I know that this is done with a pair of kernel options. I'd like to keep it, but there is something strange with that graphic. In a particular moment of kernel boot, Tux's colours get totally psychodelic. This has happened with an S3 Virge, with a NVIDIA TNT and with a Cirrus Logic ISA card. Can I solve this? Is there an explanation?

What option should I add in order to get smaller letters in the console while booting and in bash? It's in "console drivers" option? What option? Sorry, but I didn't understood much the help.

Thank you for your help. These are the only affairs I had with kernel config before compiling and installing it.

Ignasi