Re: dpkg dependencies

patd  <patd@dahiroc.net> writes:
pd> i'm thinking of removing python, but before i do, i want to know which
pd> packages depends on it.  is there a dpkg/apt command that will show me
pd> what the dependencies are?

(1) Start dselect.
(2) Find the appropriate Python package.  Type '-' to remove it.
(3) dselect will display a screen with all of the dependencies you've
    just broken, and offer to remove those packages.  If this is fine,
    press return; otherwise, press 'R' to restore the packages'
    original states.
(4) Press return from the dselect listing to get back to the menu.
(5) Select 'R'emove from the dselect menu (or possibly 'I'nstall if
    you're using dselect-over-APT).

--
David Maze             dmaze@mit.edu          http://www.mit.edu/~dmaze/
	-- Abra Mitchell