Re: Problems install debconf SOLVED

Mike Werner wrote:
> Has anyone managed to install the debconf from woody?  I've been trying to
> install it with no luck.  It keeps claiming that it depends on libapt-pkg2.7
> which I can't find anywhere.  But when I check debconf's dependancies on the
> packages.debian.org site, the libapt-pkg2.7 dependancy is nowhere to be
> seen.

Found the problem.  Turns out that the libapt-pkg2.7 is provided by apt
itself.  And I was using a development (? version 0.4.7 ?) version of apt
which was providing libapt-pkg3.1  "Downgrading" back to the version in woody
fixed this.
--
Mike Werner  KA8YSD   | He that is slow to believe anything and
                      | everything is of great understanding,
'91 GS500E            | for belief in one false principle is the
Morgantown WV         | beginning of all unwisdom.