Problems install debconf

Has anyone managed to install the debconf from woody?  I've been trying to
install it with no luck.  It keeps claiming that it depends on libapt-pkg2.7
which I can't find anywhere.  But when I check debconf's dependancies on the
packages.debian.org site, the libapt-pkg2.7 dependancy is nowhere to be
seen.

hal9000:~# apt-get install debconf
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
1 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1  not upgraded.
1 packages not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 0B/72.5kB of archives. After unpacking 0B will be used.
(Reading database ... 54921 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace debconf 0.5.29 (using .../debconf_0.5.29_i386.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement debconf ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of debconf:
 debconf depends on libapt-pkg2.7; however:
  Package libapt-pkg2.7 is not installed.
dpkg: error processing debconf (--configure):
 debconf

And for even more fun:

hal9000:~# apt-get install libapt-pkg2.7
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Note, selecting apt instead of libapt-pkg2.7
Sorry, apt is already the newest version.
You might want to run apt-get -f install' to correct these:
  debconf: Depends: libapt-pkg2.7
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify
a solution).

I tried the 'apt-get -f install' with the same result as the 'apt-get
install debconf' above.  Anyone have any suggestions?
--
Mike Werner  KA8YSD   | He that is slow to believe anything and
                      | everything is of great understanding,
'91 GS500E            | for belief in one false principle is the
Morgantown WV         | beginning of all unwisdom.