Re: swap size

hi ya..

it also depends on the largest sized programs you gonna be using...

if the binary is yoru typical 100K binarys and its datafiles is
just 100M....you will never need 1Gb of disks....

also depends on hwo the apps are written to be tunable or not
for thevarious hardware config....lots or memory or virtual mem
and fast/slow drives...

the 1x or 2x ram rule came from the old days of running 100K  binaries
with 10M or 100M data files with 64Mb of ram setc...
and going backwards in time....

c ya
alvin