Re: swap size

depends what the machine is doing and how many disks you have, i for one
never like to have more then 256MB of swap on any one disk.. more then
that and the system can slow to a crawl(which is better then a
crash....). Unless you got really really fast hdds. My desktop has 512MB
of ram and 377MB of swap(usually i do 128MB of swap per disk ..and as i
mentioned above, 256MB max) ..so if it were my machine i would have in
the range of 700-800MB of swap.

but of course that depends on what the box will be doing.

nate