Re: SMP Machines and motherboards

"Karl E. Jørgensen" schrieb:

> I'm considering building my own box - and with lower-spec processors being
> a *lot* cheaper, I figure that I can get better value for money by going
> the SMP route.
>
> So where do I find out what motherboards/chipsets/CPUs support SMP? Any
> pointers in the right direction will be greatly appreciated.

SMP route? To do something fast and cheap? You are clearly
not looking at other architectures than x86?

Humm, Dual Celerons are end-of-life, I think. PIV comes as
"single only" in the first place and Dual-Athlons are still
not available.

Well, a dual PowerPC (G4 Mac, do those units run well under
Debian?) is *way* cheaper than a dual ev67 Alpha machine ...

Regards,
scr