SMP Machines and motherboards

I'm considering building my own box - and with lower-spec processors being a *lot* cheaper, I figure that I can get better value for money by going the SMP route.

So where do I find out what motherboards/chipsets/CPUs support SMP? Any pointers in the right direction will be greatly appreciated.

Sorry if this is going to the wrong mailing list, but I need a starting point...
--
Karl E. Jørgensen
karl@jorgensen.com