RE: Secured FTP?

hi,

Thanks, maybe it's just me but I don't see how to reach my goals using
scp:

1. security (both passwords and data) - scp ok.
2. separate authentication (file transfer users have nothing to do with
   system users)
3. home jail (users cannot explore the file system but their own homes)
(4. M$ non-operating systems should have client program)

scp does the first one but what's with the three remaining ones?
i was advised to user sftp, but the case is just like with scp.

> You can use scp, secure copy, included with openssh.  It has the same syntax
> as rsh, but traffic is entrypted.
>
> Jason

Suggestions?

Bye: