Re: netscape 4.75 as root

On Fri, 1 Dec 2000, raider wrote:
> As David and Joerg told you that running as root appears to be a security risk
> you could 1)Start a term window, 2) su a diff user, 3)cd to users dir, 4)start
> netscape with "netscape".  This would start netscape as the user you sued to and
> give you the mail and bookmarks for that user.  This is the long way about it.
> It would be better just to login as the user and su to root when you need to do
> root tasks.
> Hope this helps

But if you really need to run netscape as root, I succeeded with (well, I
have communicator):
/usr/lib/netscape/475/communicator/communicator-smotif.real

so, look if there is also a .real executable in your netscape directory
(the one without gave a security error - as it should be).

Greetz,
Sebastiaan