Re: netscape 4.75 as root

Marcelo Chiapparini wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I don't know why, but I cannot run netscape 4.75 as root.

> Marcelo

As David and Joerg told you that running as root appears to be a security risk
you could 1)Start a term window, 2) su a diff user, 3)cd to users dir, 4)start
netscape with "netscape".  This would start netscape as the user you sued to and
give you the mail and bookmarks for that user.  This is the long way about it.
It would be better just to login as the user and su to root when you need to do
root tasks.
Hope this helps

Scott