Re: netscape 4.75 as root

Marcelo Chiapparini schrieb:

> Hi!
>
> I don't know why, but I cannot run netscape 4.75 as root. For example,
> when in the popup Window maker
> desktop menu I choose apps->net->netscape nothing happens. As normal user
> I can run netscape without
> any problem. But not  as root!
> Any suggestion will be very appreciated.
> Thanks!
>

> Marcelo
> _____________________
> Marcelo Chiapparini
> chiappa@centroin.com.br

If you type "netscape" in a console window as root, you will get the
explanation: Netscape is not allowed to be run as root for security
reasons.
If you absolutely want to run netscape as root, you can edit the startup
script for netscape. I don't know where it lies, but you can follow the
symlinks from /usr/X11R6/bin/netscape until you find the script. In this
script, change the line allow_root from "no" to "yes".
Hope this helps, sorry I'm not using my Debian box to read and write to
this list, but a SUN-workstation at univerity, so I cannot look for the
file names right now :-(

joerg

--
Did you know that if you play a Windows 2000 cd backwards, you
will hear the voice of Satan?

That's nothing!  If you play it forward, it'll install Windows 2000.