Re: Sendmail from localhost?

On Fri, Dec 01, 2000 at 02:20:03PM +0100 or thereabouts, ""Jason C. Hammons" <horton"@altern.org wrote:
> I'd like to be able to send mail from my localhost, is this possible? I don't want to relay it to my ISP or anything like that, is it possible to have localhost relay e-mail? Please tell me so... =) Any help is greatly appreciated.

if ur using *nix then of course u can.  however i recommened using exim
instead of sendmail as exim is far easier to configure for home use than
sendmail (well from my experience).  this email is being sent from my
home box and i'm fetching mails from my pop3 server outside.

hth

Key fingerprint = 9DE1 5825 77B4 FF45 7485  D3EB DCCF DE48 09B6 4426

"Who's watching the watchmen?"