From: Dan Brosemer <odin@linuxfreak.com>
To: Jay Kelly <neutec@pacbell.net>
Cc: <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Friday, June 02, 2000 10:18 PM
Subject: Re: Sendmail Config

Try using a simpler mail transfer agent such as exim.  Sendmail is really
for big sites that need a lot of configurability.  You really don't need all
that configurability or complexity.

Other users will tell you to use qmail, postfix, or smail, I'm sure.  These
are all equally viable solutions.  Exim is just my preference for simple
sites.

as root type:
#apt-get --purge remove sendmail exim+

The exim configuration script will ask you questions, answer:
1
(accept the default)
localhost
none