Re: please advice on voip software?

john smith wrote:

> Hi,
> I would like to install a voip software that is compatible with yahoo
> messenger's voice chat. Any recommendations? if not yahoo, then any kind of
> voip that can communicate with both linux and windows.

This question was asked on slashdot last week and it received some good

http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=00/05/26/1543242&mode=thread

I looked into voice over ip about 6 months ago and found openh323 to be
the most promising, but it was still in very early development.  I'm
surprised to see how far it (and other solutions) have come since then.

--

Brian J. Stults
Doctoral Candidate