How to use html in e-mail

Dear expert,

I have a problem. I want to use HTML inside an e-mail message
but have no idea how. Let's assume the e-mail composer and
receiver are providers like yahoo, hotmail, outlook etc,
in other words: mail providers which support MIME messages.

I want the html of course to 'show up' (executed) immediately,
things like bold letters, background etc.
I know it has something to do with MIME but I can't find
anywhere how exactly to use it, I know there are some
MIME mail composers which could do something but I want
to make the html code completely myself manually (in the notepad).

Does anyone know how to do this exactly? (I have only win95, 98.
I dont't want to do it on Linux).

If you know, please mail me at: flegel50@hotmail.com

Anyway, thanks,
Martin (Netherlands)