Re: MST7MDT timezone broken?

On Tue, Apr 04, 2000 at 02:59:23PM -0600, Scott Barker wrote:
> I have as yet received no reply. However, I think there is something generally
> wrong with timezones as well. I corrected the system time for daylight
> savings, but now CRON is off by an hour. It seems CRON is still on standard
> time, and didn't notice the change to the system time. As soon as I get a
> chance, I'm going to check the buglist for cron and see if this is an already
> known bug.
>
> Something must be wrong with the latest version of glibc, because I didn't
> have these problems with slink.

Scott,

Thanks for replying and convincing me that I'm not completely out of my
mind (at least as regards this problem).

I too am running slink on another machine and had no problems with
that one.

And, yes, I agree glibc must be the underlying culprit.

So far as cron goes, I'm not sure where the fault lies, but I saw the
same problem.  My final resolution was to copy into /etc an EST5EDT file
that worked (see my reply to myself for the original post).  After that
I stopped and started cron, fetchmail running with -d, etc.  Now all is
well ... until tzconfig is run by an install upgrade!  I'm sure my box
is okay for the moment, but this manual intervention shouldn't be needed!

- MikeT

--
Michael E. Touloumtzis		mailto:toumi01@ca.com	-or-
Ingres Product Development	mailto:Michael.Touloumtzis@ca.com