Re: dhcpcd

On Mon, 3 Apr 2000, kometboy wrote:
> I conclude from this that I don't know what I'm doing with dhcpcd
> (networking is my weakest area of Linux), and that my other two machines
> are working quite by coincidence.  I'm using roadrunner, and it works
> fine with dhcpcd on the two machines that have running. Does anyone have
> any ideas about what I'm obviously missing?

When you type "ifconfig" (which lists the active network interfaces), is
"eth0" listed?  (Probably not, but) If so, is the information right?

I haven't used dhcpcd, but I assume it has some of debugging mode (perhaps
"dchpcd -d"?  Try "man dhcpcd").  Maybe that would give you some useful
info.

Greg

"With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not
necessarily a good idea."  --RFC-1925