Re: END Key in Emacs (only in Xterm)

On Sun, Apr 02, 2000 at 07:50:31PM -0300, Rodrigo Castro wrote:
> Hello Branden,
>
> On Sun, Apr 02, 2000 at 05:07:11PM -0400, Branden Robinson wrote:
> > On Sun, Apr 02, 2000 at 10:48:24AM -0300, Rodrigo Castro wrote:
> > > 	Sorry for sending this message again and sorry for sending to
> > > devel (I don't know if I should). I really need your help, I tried
> > > everything I know and I can't make my Emacs work with END key, when it
> > > is in Xterm.
> >
> > If you're using xterm 3.3.6-6, please be sure and read the Debian X FAQ.
> > There is a section about debugging key binding problems.
> >
> > <file:/usr/doc/xfree86-common/FAQ.gz>
>
> 	I had already read it. If I change TERM variable to linux, it
> works. Look at what is returned by these commands (xev reports
> everything fine):

"infocmp xterm linux" reveals that kend is defined the same for both
terminal types, and the default xterm Xresources file explicitly binds the
End key to ESC [ 4 ~.  If xemacs can't handle that I suggest you contact
its package maintainer.

--
G. Branden Robinson            |    Somewhere, there is a .sig so funny that
Debian GNU/Linux               |    reading it will cause an aneurysm.  This