Re: imwheel

Thibaut Cousin wrote:

  Imwheel is, in principle, not necessary to make the wheel work. The wheel

> support can be implemented directly in applications. KDE has built-in wheel
> support, so the only required thing is the line "ZAxisMapping 4 5" in
> XF86Config. The same is true for Gnome apps or Staroffice, for example.
> Imwheel is therefore needed only for apps without built-in wheel support.
>   Netscape 4.X doesn't have wheel support, whereas Mozilla or Netscape 6
> have. So two solutions :

I have the line in XF86Config-4 .Problem is imwheel works great with all
Netscape components.
The Xdefaults files on the net I've tried either didn't work when numlock was
pressed or the wheel
didin't work in composer.

> 1) launch imwheel in .xsession, not .xinitrc with a line like "exec
> /usr/bin/X11/imwheel &". If gdm is Debian-compliant, it should use .xsession.

This didn't work.(is /usr/bin/imwheel btw)I tried also "exec xterm & " and this
didn't work either.So apparently the helix-gdm ingnores the .xsession

> 2) abandon imwheel, as most modern apps have built-in wheel support.
> Konqueror and Mozilla are very good now, even for Java, PHP or plugins.
>
>   Hope it helps,

Konqueror is OK as a replacement for Netscape at those pages where Netscape
crasps out..As for Mozilla
not there yet.Too slow and the mail app crashes intermitent.And what can I
say,I've been using Netscape
since version 2 .I like it.!:-)
I'll try kdm and see what that does.

Thanks anyway