Re: newbie trying to run anXious - lots of Xwoes

* DTi4565459@aol.com (DTi4565459@aol.com) [001230 16:31]:

> Potato install runs in a 16 color VGA mode, so I don't know why I
> can't even get something that simple to run. I have tried xf86config
> but apparently something goes wrong. Among other things, SuperProbe
> finds a Yamaha chip, which doesn't appear on xf86config's list of
> options. So, I am trying to run anXious. I can migrate to /usr/bin and
> type anXious; nothing happens.

I believe that anXious, with no other commandline options, runs "non-interactively". That is, it won't ask you any questions, and uses some default settings, *if* they work at all. It's possible that anXious has created an XF86Config file for you.

You may want to try running it this way:

anXious --forcesetup --forceconfig.

Typing "anXious --help" includes this info:

This program will automatically guess which step is needed based on what
is available on your system. You can force anXious to start from scratch
by using the --forcesetup and --forceconfig options.

Regards and good luck
Hall