Re: CD Audio tracks/file system

>I had done that, but overlooked one small fact; I was in the cdrom group,
>but not the disk group, to which /dev/hdc was pointed.  I had no rights to
>physically scan the CD for tracks!
>
>How has everyone else set up the permissions for their IDE /dev/cdrom links?
>I don't like being in the disk group, I just hope it's usually automatically
>set up the *proper* way and I just wrecked it myself...

I'm guessing that ALL /dev/hd? are setup as group "disk". What I did and I
believe is the *proper* procedure, is simply change the group of /dev/hdc (or
whatever your CDROM is) from "disk" to "cdrom" ("chgrp cdrom /dev/hdc"). Of
course, any users that need access should be in the "cdrom" group. Use "adduser
username cdrom" to do that and have the user log out, then log in again for the
changes to take place.

Scott