Re: Unidentified subject!

> --- Balbir Thomas <thomas.1037@osu.edu> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I recently switched from  RedHat 6.2 to potato
> > and my cdrom seems to have the following
> > problems :
> > Most of the time I get errors like :
> >
> > hdb: irq timeout: status=0xc0 { Busy }
> > hdb: ATAPI reset complete
> >

> isn't the CD ROM drive supposed to be hdc?

I can't really say whether your CD ROM is supposed to be hdb or hdc,
because it depends on how it's set up in your system, but I encountered
this error as well.  For me, it was only happening on one CD, which
happened to be the first in the 3 CD set of potato.  I foundthat it was a
problem with how I had burned the CD the first time, and so I made
another and haven't had the problem since.  I don't know if it's happening
with a CD you made yourself or not, but it's only a thought.

Jeremy