Re: What is the file name of the ps2 mouse driver?

On 22 Dec 2000, John Foster wrote:
> I need the name of the ps2 mouse driver file. I am having difficulty
> with a new install. The mouse works in X but not on the console. I set
> up the XF86Setup configs with the same setting I used for gpm, & X works
> fine. Xterm does not. I do not see any driver listed in
> /lib/modules/kernelXXX/misc/ for the mouse. I did set it up and compile
> it as a module. Boot up shows detecting ps2 port.
> Thanks!
> John

Using /dev/gpmdata in the XF86Config file works for me and avoids this
problem. It generates an error message when I run startx but this
doesn't seem to matter.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - running Linux Debian 2.2 (Windows-free zone)
Over 100 book reviews: http://www.cix.co.uk/~acampbell/bookreviews/

"Palo y tente tieso." (Spanish proverb)
Free translation: "Holdfast is your only dog."