Re: What is the file name of the ps2 mouse driver?

I think the problem here is gpm being unconfigured, rather than X and it not
playing together nicely.  Run gpmconfig to configure gpm.  /dev/psaux is the
device file associated with a ps/2 mouse.

Like ktb said, you need to stop gpm before you'll be able to use the mouse in
X, so, in essence, you trading in one problem for another.

-Rob