Re: downgrade from Woody to Potato - Yes, I too wish you would explain....

In a message dated 12/21/00 10:47:18 AM EST, will@serensoft.com writes:

<< On Thu, Dec 21, 2000 at 01:33:54PM +0100, Stephan Engelke wrote:
 > Johann Spies writes:
 >
 > > Replace your libc6 package with the potato version using dpkg -i with
 > > the --force-depends option.
 >
 > Unfortunately this did not work; I could not get around the
 > dependencies on glibc 2.2.
 >
 > To shorten a long story, I have done a reinstall, and got the system
 > up to working condition within three hours.  There's probably the odd
 > package still missing, but I am reinstalling everything by hand
 > intentionally, because it gives me a chance to clean things up a
 > little and get rid of unused packages.

 hey there. would you like to write up your 'how i did a quickie
 install' for the newbieDoc troupe? you might be able to help
 preserve a future newbie's hairline by doing so...

 --
 will@seren >>

YES, writing up a quickie install method would be greatly appreciated.
HOW about a quickie on installing from source, like CDROM #4 of the
6 CD Debian package.  It is supposed to contain all the source for binary
disc #1.  Thanks,  dave