Re: Still cannot get off list

On Fri, Dec 22, 2000 at 08:41:39AM -0700, Gary Hennigan wrote:
> Before you write to the list on this topic please try to unsubscribe
> from the list yourself and see what happens. It's really doesn't
> matter what you did "over the last month". The problem seems to have
> started this week, and I really doubt it's specific to a "certain
> group of people". If you can unsubscribe yourself TODAY, then it might
> be helpful to send us a script of what you did. It does *NOT* help to
> submit a post to the group and make it sound like it's something we're
> doing wrong!
>
> I've subscribed and unsubscribed myself quite a few times over the
> years. And yes, that's *years*. I'm no newbie and I've used mailing
> lists for a *LONG* time and I've failed in all 5 of my attempts over
> the last 1.5 days to unsubscribe. No, there's definately something
> wrong and it doesn't help that mail to "listmaster@lists.debian.org"
> isn't, apparently, actively monitored.

Jeez... calm down...  Did I *say* that *anyone* was doing *anything* wrong?  It
was my honest assumption that it might have had something to do with certain
mail situations.  At your recomendation, I attempted to unsubscribe again, and
noticed that there does seem to be something up with it, as I've also
previously unsubscribed and resubscribed.  Sorry, I made a mistake, there's no
need for you to get all pissy, beat your chest and try to exert your alpha geek
status over me ("*years*", "*LONG* time", etc).

-Rob