Re: swap space and memory

I have 64MB RAM and 256MB swap.  When I run free it tells me I have
61MB RAM and 244MB swap.  Interesting.

Also, I had read in a How-To that Linux wouldn't use more than 128MB
of swap in a single partition.  Before I relayed that info, I though I
would test it (I had only recently expanded my swap beyond the 128MB
size).  I got it to use 241MB of swap (with free telling me I had 2MB
free).  Must be outdated info in the how-to.

However, I think that the system is really using all the memory
available.  It must have something to do with the way free gets its
information.  (but I have no proof)

-D