Re: debian help

>I installed debian in the belief that it would install. Xwindows  simply
>will not install. As newcomer I can't work with a program w/o the gui.
>I wanted xwindows (eventually kde) ppp connection, printer, netscape and I
>want to do experiments with star office and other suites. Debian was
>suggested because a lot of people use it and there would be paid support.
>This has simply not been the case.
>In any event I need to get xwindows - gnome up and running and I can hack
>my way to the other goas w/o support.

You've come to the right place for support. There are many knowledgable people
here eager to help.

So, without any delay what have you done so far?

It sounds like you've installed a minimum set of packages. If you can boot your
computer into Linux with a login prompt, login in as root and then type
"tasksel". This will present you with a list of tasks, one of which is to
install X.

Perhaps you've already loaded X and don't know it. Try typing "startx" at the
command line prompt.

Scott