Re: how to reply to messages

Quoting Ken Weingold (hazmat@hellrot.org):
> On Thu, Dec 21, 2000, Xucaen wrote:
> > Hi all...  just a curious question: whenever I
> > reply to a message, I have to manually enter the
> > debian-user@lists.debian.org address. (well, I
> > cut and paste) I was just wondering why the
> > list's "reply to" address isn't set
> > to debian-user@lists.debian.org...
>
> I forget where, but there is a page explaining why list reply-to's are
> bad.  Definitely a religious issue, as was said.  I personally find
> group replies annoying.  Why do I need two of each email?

If you dislike two copies, then I don't understand why you have
included Mail-Followup-To: Ken Weingold <hazmat@hellrot.org>,
in your headers.

But you can always put something like
# Eliminate duplicates
:0 Wh: msgid.lock
| formail -D 99999 msgid.cache
in your .procmailrc file.

A lot of people seem to ask for Cc: replies, perhaps because
they have difficulty keeping abreast of such a heavy traffic
list.

Cheers,