samba - "guest ok" doesn't work

I want Windows users on my network to be able to print to my printer
without a password. I have "guest ok = yes" in the printers share. I also
have "security = user" in the global section. Shouldn't this allow
printing without a password? Currently it does not. Printing does work
fine with a correct username and password from the Windows machines
though. But, it always prompts for a password, and if the password is
incorrect or blank, it fails. Does "guest ok" only work when "security =
share"? Any ideas what might be wrong?

In my smb.conf file I have (this is not complete though):

[global]
   printing = bsd
   printcap name = /etc/printcap
   load printers = yes