Re: USER / EMAIL limits

On Tue, Dec 19, 2000 at 11:09:19PM -0500, Fraser McAninch wrote:
> I need to limit users to email space of about 30 megs + 10 megs webspace
> but I can't find the commands for this although I did read them
> somewhere  .. any help out there

setup disk quotas.  if they have thier web space in ~/public_html set
a 10MB quota on the /home filesystem (you didn't just make one big
bloated / partition on a multiuser system did you?)  and a 30MB quota
on /var or /var/mail depending on whether you split /var/mail off.

im not sure if some MTAs do internal quotas or if there would be any
advantage to that...

the quota howto should help you with quota setup.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/