Re: dpkg "was interrupted" error - you must run dpkg --configure -a

on Tue, Dec 19, 2000 at 03:06:22PM -0500, DTi4565459@aol.com (DTi4565459@aol.com) wrote:
> dpkg "was interrupted".  You must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a'
>
> Well, I tried:  "failed to write status record about gnome-pim to
> var/log/dpkg/status;   no space left on device"
>
> I guess I have run out of space.  Had about 930 megs in ext2
> partition and I am only trying to install from Debian CDROM #1.
> I'm a newbie.  What's the best way to free up enough space to
> complete the install.  All I need now are Xwindows, Gnome, and
> Netscape.  Is there something like CleanSweep for Linux??

You delete files.  Preferably nonessential ones.

There's a utility called "cruft" which may provide some guidance, but
it's not to be relied on.

You have, of course, adopted a rational partitioning scheme, right?
This makes rationalizing space easier.  Might be helpful for you to post
a partition table and current utilization.

    http://kmself.home.netcom.com/Linux/FAQs/partition.html

Cheers.