Re: Postfix delivers more than once

Philipp Schulte <p.schulte@matrix.uni-duisburg.de> writes:

> On Tue, Dec 19, 2000 at 09:12:26PM +0100, Andre Berger wrote:
> > I have a strange problem with Postfix, my messages are sent more
> > than once. Does this sound familiar to anyone?
> Does this happen only for local users or for everybody? There is just
> one message from you in this list ;)
> Do the messages have the same MID, same paths?
> Anything strange in the logfiles? Empty queue?
> Phil

This is a typical case. I've also posted to a local linux newgroup
four or five times involuntarily, which is of course very
embarassing. Only some messages are delivered more than once, I can't
see any regularities.

From: "L-Soft list server at GMD (1.8d)" <LISTSERV@LISTSERV.GMD.DE>
Subject:      Rejected posting to TEX-D-L@LISTSERV.GMD.DE
Your message is being returned to you unprocessed because it appears
to have already been distributed to the TEX-D-L list. That is, a
message with identical text (but possibly with different mail headers)
has been posted to the list recently, either by you or by someone

Most of the time I'm the only user at this dial-up machine (progeny,
2.2.18). I suspect a relation with my habit of short dial-up intervals
and short PPP connections.

I can't see anything special in the logs, but OTOH I'm not sure what
to look for.

Andre Berger                                [andre.berger@topmail.de]