Re: Postfix delivers more than once

Philipp Schulte <p.schulte@matrix.uni-duisburg.de> writes:

> On Tue, Dec 19, 2000 at 09:12:26PM +0100, Andre Berger wrote:
>
> > I have a strange problem with Postfix, my messages are sent more
> > than once. Does this sound familiar to anyone?
>
> Does this happen only for local users or for everybody? There is just
> one message from you in this list ;)
> Do the messages have the same MID, same paths?
> Anything strange in the logfiles? Empty queue?
> Phil

This is a typical case. I've also posted to a local linux newgroup
four or five times involuntarily, which is of course very
embarassing. Only some messages are delivered more than once, I can't
see any regularities.

<quote>
From: "L-Soft list server at GMD (1.8d)" <LISTSERV@LISTSERV.GMD.DE>
Subject:      Rejected posting to TEX-D-L@LISTSERV.GMD.DE
[...]
Your message is being returned to you unprocessed because it appears
to have already been distributed to the TEX-D-L list. That is, a
message with identical text (but possibly with different mail headers)
has been posted to the list recently, either by you or by someone
else.
</unquote>

Most of the time I'm the only user at this dial-up machine (progeny,
2.2.18). I suspect a relation with my habit of short dial-up intervals
and short PPP connections.

I can't see anything special in the logs, but OTOH I'm not sure what
to look for.

--
Andre Berger                                [andre.berger@topmail.de]