Re: Postfix delivers more than once

    Andre> Philipp Schulte <p.schulte@matrix.uni-duisburg.de> writes:
    >> On Tue, Dec 19, 2000 at 09:12:26PM +0100, Andre Berger wrote:
    >>
    >> > I have a strange problem with Postfix, my messages are sent
    >> more > than once. Does this sound familiar to anyone?
    >>
    >> Does this happen only for local users or for everybody? There
    >> is just one message from you in this list ;) Do the messages
    >> have the same MID, same paths?  Anything strange in the
    >> logfiles? Empty queue?  Phil

    Andre> This is a typical case. I've also posted to a local linux
    Andre> newgroup four or five times involuntarily, which is of
    Andre> course very embarassing. Only some messages are delivered
    Andre> more than once, I can't see any regularities.

quick guess: you all outgoing mail via an ISP provided MTA, and for
some reason Postfix thinks the transfer has failed and tries again,
but the remote MTA delivers the mail anyway.

Anyway, worth checking for something along these lines in your log
files... See if any delivery attempts are marked as failed for some
reason and/or if Postfix makes multiple attempts to send the mail.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>