Re: Today's woody update -- obsolete/local packages

On Tue, Dec 19, 2000 at 03:18:11PM +0100, Defresne Sylvain wrote:
> Hello,
>
> * Bob Nielsen (nielsen@oz.net) wrote:
> > After today's woody update there are many packages shown in dselect as
> > obsolete/local.  The Packages file was much smaller than the previous
> > version.  What's up?
>
> 	It's because Debian has finally implemented the ``testing''
> 	distributions. It is a distributions sitting between the stable
> 	(potato) and the new unstable (sid). New package goes into
> 	unstable, and 14 days later, if no bugs were found it goes into
> 	testing (woody). For more details, consult the debian-devel
> 	archive (search for ``testing to be implemented on
> 	ftp-master'').
>
> 	So you need to change woody to unstable (of sid) in your
> 	sources.list and to do and apt-get update.

I understand all this, but would have expected the Packages lists to
remain static for 14 days, rather than existing packages being dropped.

I also noticed that the woody Packages files for contrib and non-free
are completely empty.  I guess the process isn't complete.

The suggested search didn't return any hits.

Bob